Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Routine Pleasures

I really would like to write about my Routine Pleasures.

About how i've first learned It's importance and value. Actually it's been a while since I thought of My Routine Pleasures & that's bad. I mean I've not been practicing Routine Pleasures as often as I should.

It's a great idea if one could constantly discover the the things that pleases him/her and some how make it a part of his/her (daily/weekly/monthly/even annually)
life. I'm sure that this would improve the quality of the life we live.

Off course it does not have to be in a routine format, but the idea is to include it as part of your life so it won't be missed.

I 'll list some of the things that I would put on my list of "Routine Pleasures"

* Good Movies (& Good Discussion Afterward), at least once every 2 weeks.
* A good outing, ( like Camping out in the Desert) it's been ages since I camped out.
* Learning A new Language ( take Japanese on for example, but French 1st)
* Blogging could be in this list now, Need to organize a bit more.
* A good Frozen Sorber Natural Strawbery Fruit Bar, one of the finest things on life.
* Run a mile or 2 / a day, need to get back on shape , I did run & completed a marathon once when I was Younger. I need to do it again before I'm too old.


I owe the the discovery of "Routine Pleasures" to a documentary by Jean-Pierre Gorin where the principal subject is a group of model train enthusiasts who meet weekly at the Del Mar Fairgrounds in Southern California: their miniature landscapes preserve a lost, perhaps illusory America, and their obsession curiously entwines work and childhood. The Highlight here is enthusiasts.

When I'm Enthused is when I 'm passionatly happy & that's nice.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said...

: ) i like that post.
Routine Pleasures.. when was the last time anyone thought of that..

myself.. i recall once upon a time, and 4 a reason.. now you'll make me re-think :)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

That's the idea, Bring in your pleasures into your daily life :)

2:18 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Sharief,

Very nice that you finally decided to share something of yourself with us.

Thought you'd never stop being AlRajul AlGhamid:)

2:06 PM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

"Thought you'd never stop being AlRajul AlGhamid"

Not intended at all, LouLou. It's been the topics that I merely responded to at different blogs.

Do Not buy Mo's stuff in his Bloggers Roll, Mish Ghamid Khaless...

But this will never compares to your beautiful Renderings

6:39 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

"Do Not buy Mo's stuff in his Bloggers Roll, Mish Ghamid Khaless..."

Seebak min Mohamed. Am just glad your blog is becoming more personal. Love personal blogs.

Wish you much more enthusiasm & happiness:)

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home