Sunday, August 07, 2005

Fortune Reading: Waz up in the Cup?



Much I enjoy scanning the coffee ground leaves on the sides of the white china after sipping the good Aroma of a an Arabic / Turkish coffee. The Amazing shapes, creatures, signs, pass ways, banners, rivers, waterfalls, flowers, roses, beautiful women, Horsemen, Lucy in the sky with Diamonds, spaceships, and Aliens all are indeed amazing trans experience that I often find my self pondering in the cup tiny space trying to make sense out of my perception. I 've developed the habit over the years. Off course I started whispering to my self & the "Waz Up" in the Cup?"

I became very good @ that, & I’ve friends that insist, every once in a while to tell them What in their cup. I tell them What I see in a very mysterious, in a very abstract way. I see & That's All I do. I do not mean & do effort to be mysterious or abstract, but that’s how & What I see. I leave the thinking part for them. I would not dare to initiate their thinking . Only when they ask for help, that I involve my self in the discussion.

It's often very confusing to them, but the strange thing is that they ask me again to tell them what I see. I usually come up with very short statement and sentences that are very powerful and loaded with meanings. At times I just say "There is nothing" or that "I see nothing" "only a lot of Noise" and I 've nothing to say. And that infuriate folks who wanted to know...

I just love the rituals of making the coffee , sipping it, looking at, space walking among the images of the coffee grounds, and of course the pondering part.

Off course I loved it & felt much better when I found out about : "Diwan Khaya~alat Fingan Al Kahwa" to the accomplished Egyptian Artist Esmat Dawestashey, He painted more than 150 all inspired from the coffee cup.

The Whole ting is just the reflections on the perceptions of one’s thoughts & a lot of interesting “Static Round Movie”

7 Comments:

Blogger doshar said...

you tell poeple what you see in their cup in what way?
you tell their fortune or something like that?

sadly, some people take these things seriously, even if you are only joking.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said...

pondering about tiny things passing by un-noticed in life, is a little amuzment in itself.
gazing at the ground of ur coffee cup, or the falling leaves.. the shape of the clouds or the lights strings reaching you.. all makes you feel so near to your self and the whole world..

:)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

"..so near to your self and the whole world.."

Well put ya Tadry & it's indeed Double Pleasure when you share this stuff, tiny or at times(so huge that's also unnoticed) with some others...

2:35 PM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

I only tell the truth! :)
that is the closest accurate description of the figures/creatures & it's movement;)
something like : "the little people are walking all over the jungle to reach the preaching Wiseman as he extends his arms to reach the sky" That's all I say.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Lasto-adri *Blue* said...

dont u think its exceptional.. to visualize things..
even the clouds' shape..
u should thank ALLAH for how lucky u r.. :)

12:29 AM  
Blogger Twosret said...

Al Sharief,

Interesting entry. When I visited Lebanon a lady read my finjan and it scared me very much how much she knew. I couldn't solve the mystery of how she knew names.

I'm not Lebanese and had no friends with me and every now and then I remember this incident.

Qara't el Finjan is my fav. song that is it for the fanjan and me :)

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how can i find Esmat Dawestashey's work? i'm studying contemporary arab art, and i'm very interested!

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home