Friday, September 02, 2005

New Orleans "Tragedy after Devastation"





Between *Blue* - Tadry commemorating this awful act of terror ( “Friday 3 September 2004. As the siege at Beslan's No 1 school enters its third day- near Chechnya’s") AND Jane "Lost in America" as her blood boils as the devastation of New Orleans continues.

Beside, I told loulou that I'll post something here today. Lou's "sweet worries" I'm sure is compassionate enough to understand my choice of the topic.

Tragedy is the word that comes to mind after the remembrance of what happened at Beslan's No 1 school a year ago.

The same word hits the mind seeing the unfolding of events in the entire Gulf of Mexico in the U.S.

I wonder how's & what the feelings of those involved. Tragic indeed

Remind me of the BG's Song

Tragedy
When the feelings gone and you can't go on
Its tragedy
When you lose control and you got no soul
It's tragedy
When the morning cries and you don't know why
It's hard to bear

The Big Easy devastation is grand and scary. What if the same happens in LA, CA from the Quakes? Will the government respond in the same way?


Unfortunately I sense a lot of bigotry from the Fed Gov & the media. It's Obvious that the poor suffered the most. It's interesting how even Chavez of Venezuela offered to help the victims in New O as he was mocking GW for the slow response.
I could not help it when I saw GW in CA, but to think, he was wheeling & dealing with CA oil men to make quicker buck knowing that Katrina whipped a significant Oil & Gasoline supplies to the entire East Coast.

Few hours later I wrote:

Glimpses of hope are starting to show in efforts to help. I hope I'm wrong about America. But the slow response of the greatest nation on earth angers me. A lot of politics are in Play Now. Off course a lot of Money as well.
Some how I'm getting a creepy feeling that it's some sort of a test site on the "throwaways" of the society in a disgusting "we told you so". The media finally started to pick up on the race issue in all of this. I hope things will get better in the weekend. It will take a lot of times to heal from this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Al Sharief said...

Removed by me

12:14 PM  
Blogger LouLou said...

It is an awful tragedy. I hope the worst is over.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Just Jane said...

Loulou,
As an American with a front row seat to this tragedy I can tell you that it is only going to get worse for some time to come. Many bodies are yet undiscovered and many many more will die from hunger, thirst, and disease. The US is now a third world country in Mississipi and Louisiana.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home