Friday, November 04, 2005

Head Lights ON.



When I sometimes leave the car lights on while driving during the daylight hours, I'm always amazed how the residents of Cairo suddenly become the most concerned and sweetest citizens of any grand city on the face of the earth. People really get out of their way to tell you. Your lights are on!? I always wondered why? Why they insist for telling? Is it because it does not cost them any thing? Because it makes people feel a bit better? I always wished that they act like that in the way they drive. At times the street of Cairo becomes like the jungle where the strongest survive, abuse the streets, other drivers, and the whole city. No tact what so ever. I wish that people who wants the lights off be as courteous and as concerned in every thing they do with their fellow neighbors, workers, drivers, pedestrians, customers, clients, teachers, students, traffic officers, and their fellow citizens at large.

Keep the Lights ON. It just may be this small act will keep more nice people outhere.


P.S. Try looking at cars head on, the head light could often give the personality of the car or the driver or both. Some are sad, happy, serious, evil, good, courageous, and tough and a lot of other faces almost like people

6 Comments:

Blogger nasser said...

i know what you mean, its same here in lebanon. i love arab hospitality!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Just Jane said...

Yesterday I watched a program about Egypt and learned that there are 20 million people living in Cairo alone. It astounds me how anyone is able to drive in that mass of people. But it's good to know that although it is so dense there still exists courtesy.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Me said...

"Keep the Lights ON. It just may be this small act will keep more nice people outhere."

Nice thought :)

PS. I call car's head lights "eyes" btw !! always saw cars from the front as faces .... & when my brother wanted to buy a car I remember once telling him it looked too evil !!!

1:21 AM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

Yes me! & thanks for keeping your Lights On :)

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sansoun
We usually drive with head lights on whether it's day or night. (inheritance from living abroad). The funny thing is when we clarify that it's meant to be on, we get almost the same expression on faces and similar words all give the meaning of us being weird.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

Yes Anonymous , sometimes I get that look too. I say : let it be on "Allah Ye Nawar Alaik". sometimes I get a smile :-)

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home