Sunday, September 04, 2005

Mary Poppins' Mirror




The best I've seen on this mirror business when I was watching Mary Poppins singing on the front of a mirror and then she walked away from the mirror, her image in the mirror was still there singing...
it was great fun to watch ...


What if you have no control over your mirror image? I wonder if such a question help on what they call mirror therapy?

spooookey! ha?



The scene where Mary Poppins was doing a duet with her mirror image was fabilous and very much fun to watch.
How did they do it then?
[They recorded her singing in two separate parts and fixed them together. The editors did a good job on it! It may have been made a long time ago but even then the technology was quite advanced enough to carry out that scene.]

4 Comments:

Blogger Just Jane said...

I am not ashamed to admit that although I believe firmly in science, superstition has a grasp on me when it comes to mirrors. I take care to never break one and I NEVER EVER look into one at night unless the room is brightly lit. Silly, I know but better safe than sorry.

5:43 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Sharief,

Living images make me think of Harry Potter:)
All those speaking, moving protraits.
It would be great if I ,too, could send my mirror image or my portrait to deliver messages for me.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

Jane,
I respect your courage to admit, even silly little things.

Long ago, I'll never forget, I was playing with a hand held mirror. it was in the midth of day light though. Iwas also known for breaking things and taking things apparts. While I was playing with the mirror , my dad kept asking me to leave the mirror alone and put it away. Finally I did and placed on a table near by. I walked away. Only few minutes later, I came around and sat on the mirror. The mirror broke. Dad got really angery. I laughed alot that day (away from Dad of cours). This mirror meant to be broken that day.
I still laugh when I recall this incident.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

Lou,
Yes controlling "mirror Images" could be fun.Given the control for sweet people only :0

It is when ther is "NO Control" over mirror images that could be messy..

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home