Monday, September 05, 2005

Giza Pyramids & Holy Kaaba of Arabia




When I stopped at this haal's mix & mis-match, I knew I had to dig out what I 've read some times ago on how the Pyramids of Giza was Built. How Great & complex it was as a Project Management problem was not what I wanted to write about. Indeed it was & is one of the Greatest ever wonders of the world & a hall Mark of civilization.

What I wanted to remember was the "Human" factor in such a mega project in ancient times. I do NOT want to over play the Slavery part of that but I could not help it when haal the "historian" ventured with "Just a thought" and started to compare notes on the Pyramids of Pharohs Vs. the Kaaba of Islam & Ibrham in the Arabian Pinsula. I knew I had to dig out the words of Dr. Ali Sharaiti when he visited the Pyramids in Egypt for the first times.

Listen to this:

"Last summer during my visit to Africa, I decided to see the three Pyramids in Egypt. Because of its vast surroundings, this great monument of civilization occupied my thoughts. I hastened to see one of the seven wonders of the past-the Pyramids."
....

"I was amazed by this wonderful work. At a distance of three to four-hundred years, I saw some scattered blocks of stones. "What are they?" I asked the guide. He said, "Nothing. Only a few blocks of stones." Of the thirty thousand slaves who brought the heavy blocks of stones from hundreds of miles away, on a daily basis, hundreds of them were crushed under the heavy loads. The place I inquired about is where they were buried. So unimportant were they in the system of slavery, that hundreds of them were buried collectively in one ditch. Those who survived had to carry the heavy loads. I told the guide that I would like to see the slaves who were crushed into dust. The guide exclaimed, "There is nothing to see!" He pointed to the graves of the slaves who were buried near the Pyramids by order of the Pharoahs; this was done so their souls could be employed as slaves just as their bodies were."

....

"I viewed civilization as a curse. I felt a burning hatred for the thousands of years of oppression against my predecessors. I realized that the feelings of all those people buried together in the ditches were once the same as mine. I returned from my visit and wrote one of them a letter describing what had transpired in the past five thousand years. He was not living in those thousands of years, but slavery existed in one form or another!

"I sat down and wrote him: ...."

For the entire Essay
....
"Amidst all of this hopelessness, I learned that a man had descended down from the mountains saying, "I have been commissioned by God." I trembled thinking that it possibly involved a new deception or new method of cruelty. He stated, "I have been commissioned by God who has promised to have mercy on slaves and those who are weak on earth." Surprise! I still could not believe it. How could it be true? God was speaking with slaves, giving them good news of being saved, and prosperous, and being heirs of the earth.

I had doubts, thinking that he was also one of those prophets of China, India, and etc. His name was Mohammed, I was told that he was an orphan who was a shepherd behind those mountains. I was so surprised. Why did God choose His prophet from among shepherds ? I was also informed that his predecessors were prophets; all were chosen from among shepherds. He was the last ,in that series. With joy and astonishment, I became speechless and trembled. Has God chosen His prophet from among our class ?

I began to follow him because I saw my friends around him. Some of those who became leaders of his followers were: Bilal, a slave and son of a slave whose parents were from Abyssinia, Salman, a homeless person from Persia owned as a slave, Abu-Zar the poverty stricken and anonymous fellow from the desert, and lastly, Salim, the slave of the wife of Khudhaifa and an unimportant black alien."


It is very clear to me How's the Kaaba of Moslems had gathered the Millons of regular Humans & the Pyramids did NOT.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mohamed said...

Good post Sharief. We need to remind ourselves how the pyramids were built, and remember that the process and the objectivea are as important as the outcome. Then try to relate that to how we do things today. Egyptians today, Egyptians 5000 years ago!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

Tammam Ya Mohamed. It is the reminder , the objective & a try to clear the mismatch.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Just Jane said...

Very informative and thought provoking.

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home