Thursday, September 15, 2005

II - Bee Me! Why?

On that Saturday morning, a minute after I opened my eyes I walked to the bathroom, still half a sleep I’ve noticed the Black & Yellow winged insect at the bottom of the mirror on the washing sink pink ceramic. I wondered what is this thing is doing in my bathroom. It looked a bit weak or may be just sleepy. Like me. I’ve reached out for a piece of white napkin. Fine I’ll save the poor thing. I’ll just move (rather – remove it) it away from my sink & off the balcony I‘ll just drop it off. Live & let Live, Right. Wrong. It is just not that simple.

The Black & Yellow Stripes should have warned me. I mean the police use the same colors for the police lines at crimes sites. Half a sleep, I was not alerted by the warning colors. I proceeded with one hand with the thin white napkin to transfer the “winged thing” out side & away to the fresh air. Put it back to it’s natural habitat, I was thinking. What do I know?! Slowly and cautiously I approached. Gently I wrapped the napkin paper around the “winged thing” allowing it to show it’s head out to breath. Fine I got it now. I saved it. Not quite.

Three seconds later, Auuuoooatch. I screamed. I felt a deep pin pain into my finger. A burning sensation immediately followed. I grabbed my entire hand toward myself. The thin white napkin fell off along with the “winged thing “on the floor. It did not fly. It did not even attempt to. It’s a Bee. I think. I should have known that.
M came in running to the corridor near the bathroom. He was so worried. Later he told me that he thought I was having a heart attack. It was only a Bee Attack. M says it was a sand Bee. I thought it was the African Killer Bee. Next I'll tell How this is a bit funny & it made me think that ....

8 Comments:

Blogger Nour said...

Salamtak :)

7:16 PM  
Blogger Al Sharief said...

Thank you nour

9:57 PM  
Blogger Just Jane said...

Strange, something very much the same happened to me a couple of months ago. I left a pair of sleeping pants in the bathroom one morning, folded neatly on the counter. When I went to put them on that night I heard a loud "BZZZZZ". Thinking I must be imagining it, I picked them up and a very large, very angry bee flew out of them. I ran shrieking like a banshee from the bathroom. Jd comes running and I tell him what happened. Then I force him to go get rid of it--by any means necessary. He managed to get it out the window without being stung, fortunately. I am allergic to bee stings so needless to say, I try to avoid them at all costs. Your story and mine makes me wonder, what is it about bathrooms that bees seem to like?

10:21 PM  
Blogger haal said...

Could be because bathrooms are so LIGHT (in case u have the white ceramic) and it is cool and damp.

I was once stung by a bee while swimming. It did hurt. I thought it was funny to have the bee just sting you and die. Why not just leave u alone and live. But this is what we actually do to ourselves. Constantly seeking to hurt ourselves and kill the nice instinct we have, replace it with another wounded one!

10:04 AM  
Blogger LouLou said...

Sharief,

Bees seem to think you're sweet & full of nectar don't they?

Glad you survived:)

12:26 AM  
Blogger Wonderer said...

I guess I am suffering of entomophobia, i.e, fear of insects. In fact, my fear also includes rats, lizards, frogs ... etc. Concerning the issue of "live and let live", I used to live in an African country. One day, I found 2 yellow scorpions in my garage. I was terrified and asked my neighbor for help. He came with a certain tool to catch scorpions and a big cloth-bag. Then, he was able to catch them, put them in the bag and said that he is going to throw them in the bush-area as he was convinced of this "live and let live" slogan.

So, if you find a scorpion or a snake inside your home. Will you still believe in that slogan?!:))

4:10 PM  
Blogger tota said...

Alf salama ,,, i have been stunged not by a Bee it was a hornet :) i dunno if they also die as bees or not.
i still know how it feels specially when it was in head ,, i fall fainted Directly :)

but when u think what stunged u was the African Killer Bee .. sure u may think that u r Killed on the Pin of that Bee Killer lolll

10:09 PM  
Blogger Mai said...

salamtak ya basha.. all this happened while I am away? :) don't worry I am here now.. love your writing style btw.. looking forward to the next episode.

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home