Tuesday, September 13, 2005

LIVE AND LET LIVE – May Bee!?!



I was stung by a bee on a Saturday morning. A Black & Yellow stripes bee did. Auuuoooatch. I screamed.

The Story goes back to my college years when I was “converted” to be an “Environmentalists” sympathizer by an excellent Ecology teacher. See, I had to take a “Life” science course to complete my general education requirement. I tried to avoid the boring long weird Latin words Biology course since it had been long time since I took any Biology. I was lucky the course that I signed up for was about Ecology & Ecosystem. Plus I had a great teacher. She was a respectful white haired lady well beyond her early fifties. Very nice, but firm. She dressed very elegantly. She was very pretty. Very attractive herself, she also made the subject even more attractive. She knew her stuff. About ecosystems, we learned that “Every thing is connected to every thing else” and that Dilution is NOT the Solution for Pollution” was a high point learning lesson. Live & let Live was a concept that I already had on me and this lady grandly enhanced. I remember My grand mother encouraging us kids NOT to step on ants or small insects passing over the veranda to the back garden to reach the near lemon tree.
“Let it raise its youngsters” – (Seebha Traby Weladha ) she used to say. It did not matter if the insect was a male or a female – I did ask, how could you tell? At any rate, somehow I recognized the tone of wisdom in her words.

Back to the Black & Yellow striped winged insect inside my bathroom I encountered that morning…. I‘ll tell about this adventure on the next part…

2 Comments:

Blogger Mai said...

as a new commentator on mohammad's blog, i was also exploring other commentator's blogs to see what i have been missing. checking out ur blog was very interesting. when i clicked back to ur first post (which is about the same time i started mine) and saw that u mention orwell's "why i write" i knew i was in for a treat. nice work.

3:09 AM  
Blogger Mai said...

btw, is your name sherif? :)

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home